Youth Savings Account
It’s never too early to open a savings account at U S Federal Credit Union! With a U S FCU Youth Savings Account, anyone under the age of 18 can start saving.
To open the Youth Savings Account:
- U S FCU will need to make a copy of the minor’s Social Security card and birth certificate
- An adult over the age of 18 is required to be a joint member on the account
- The joint member on the account will also have to provide a driver’s license with a valid address to open the Youth Savings Account
- $5 is required to open the account
- A balance of $50 is required at the end of each month to avoid a $7.50 fee
- The Youth Savings Account can be opened by the joint member on the account without the minor being present
Youth Checking Account
U S Federal Credit Union is excited to offer Youth Checking Accounts to minors over the age of 16. With a Youth Checking Account, minors are able to have a debit card and checks linked to their account with U S FCU!
To open the Youth Checking Account
- The minor on the account must be 16 years of age or older
- An existing Youth Savings Account must be open before opening a Youth Checking Account
- A joint member that is 18 years or older is required to open the Youth Checking Account
Access to the Youth Savings and Checking Accounts:
At U S FCU, we allow minors to have full access to their Youth Savings Account and Youth Checking Account. In order for a minor to have full access to an account, we require a letter from the joint member stating that the minor has full access to their account. This letter is also needed when a minor would like a debit card or checks for their Youth Checking Account.
Here at U S Federal Credit Union we feel it is important for young people to learn more about financial literacy. Learning how to manage money is a very important part of growing up and our staff is always available to help answer any questions that may come up. We plan to hold in-person meetings and events to better inform our youth members about being financially responsible so make sure to follow U S FCU on social media and check your email inboxes for new updates on these events!